April Fool’s Day is one of our kids’ favorite days. They have carte blanche to play tricks on mom and dad — pranks that would normally not be allowed on any of the other 364 days of the year.
A good prank is one that doesn’t hurt anyone physically or emotionally. It should be harmless but fun, and leave both parties laughing. A few of our personal favorites:
- Frozen Cheerios — freeze a bowl of cereal and milk overnight and serve it up for breakfast
- Broken remote control — put a piece of scotch tape of rate sensor on the TV remote control
- Not so yummy brownies — cut out brown construction paper E’s and serve them up on a plate
- Green milk — add a few drops f food coloring to the milk in your bowl of cereal
- Somebody’s watching me — glue googly-eyes to all the food in the refrigerator
- You’ve got mail — place a toy reptile or spider inside the mailbox (mom loved this one!)
Of course, if you want things to “get real” in a hurry, you can always tell the kids that the Minecraft servers are down.
Have you pulled a great prank on your child? Did they get you back with a diabolical plan of their own?