Make this perfect mix between a grilled cheese and tuna sandwich. This is our basic recipe for a tuna melt sandwich!
- Two slices of bread
- A can of tuna
- Slice of American cheese
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- This is a recipe for an adult, or an older child with adult supervision.
- Drain the liquid out of a can of tuna, and place the tuna in a bowl.
- Add the 2 Tbsp. of mayonnaise to the tuna and mix. (You can add a little more or less mayo depending on your personal preference.)
- Place a frying pan on the stove and turn on the heat to medium.
- Butter one side of a piece of bread and place the buttered side down in the frying pan.
- Place the slice of cheese on top of the bread.
- Spread some of the tuna mixture on top of the cheese.
- Butter one side of the other piece of bread.
- Place the bread on top of the tuna mixture, buttered side up.
- Cook on medium heat until the bread is lightly browned.
- Flip the sandwich and cook the other side.
- Enjoy your tuna melt!
- You will have extra tuna mixture to save for later, or make more sandwiches.
- Add relish to the tuna mixture.
- Add chopped onion or chopped celery to the tuna mixture.
- Add some mustard to the sandwich.
- Try some variations of your own!