What You Need:
- Coffee can, tennis ball can, or a large jar
- Paint, markers, felt, paper
- Duct tape
- Stuff to put in the capsule
- Decorate the outside of an empty can or jar with paint, markers, felt, and paper.
- Write your name and today’s date on the capsule’s lid.
- Try to find items that you can live without, but things that will be interesting to future generations. Fill your capsule with these items. Some ideas:
- A personal “letter to the future”
- Current magazine or newspaper clippings
- Photographs of you and your family
- Your predictions of life in the future
- Securely tape the lid on the capsule.
- Write instructions on the outside of the capsule, explaining when the capsule should be opened.
- Now, all you have to do is find a good place to hide your capsule. You can bury it in the woods or hide it in your attic!