What You Need:
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs; beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Cream (mix until creamy) the margarine and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla together.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and egg mixture to the margarine and sugar.
- Chill dough overnight.
- Roll out dough on a floured board, and use cookie cutters to cut the dough.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sugar and bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees, for about 8 minutes, or until edges are brown.