What You Need:
- At least 4 players
- The object is to collect four cards of one kind (four twos, four kings and so on) and not to be the person left without a spoon.
- To begin, place the spoons (one fewer than the number of players) in the center of the table within grabbing reach of all players. For example: 4 players=3 spoons.
- Each player is dealt four cards. The dealer keeps the deck.
- The dealer picks a card from the deck and then discards one card from his hand, sliding that card facedown to the player to his left. That player takes it, then picks one card from his hand and passes it to his left.
- Each player in turn does the same, as quickly as possible. Each person should have four cards in his hand at all times. The player to the right of the dealer places discarded cards in a pile to his left to be used by the dealer when the original deck is used up.
- Play continues until one player has four of a kind, at which time he quietly takes a spoon from the pile.
- When the other players notice a spoon has been taken, they must alsoÂ grab a spoon.
- The player left without a spoon has lost the round.
Submitted by Faith