What You Need:
- 2 liter soda bottle
- Paper towel
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Cut a small hole in the bottom of your soda bottle, and poke the straw half way through.
- Plug the gap around the straw with clay so that no air can escape out of the bottom of the bottle except through the straw.
- Place the baking soda in the center of your paper towel, fold it lengthwise and twist the ends closed. This is to protect the baking soda from the vinegar for a few seconds.
- Pour the vinegar into the bottle, add the paper towel with the baking soda and place the cap on quickly.
- Put the bottle into water (pool or bathtub) with the straw submerged under the water surface like a motor.
- As the baking soda and vinegar begin to react, the “boat” will be powered forward!