What You Need:
- 8 or more players
- Choose an open field to be your “ocean”.
- Assign one person the job of the shark. They will stand in the middle of this field. Everyone else is a minnow, and starts at a safety zone.
- Mark two safety zones, one at each end of the field.
- The minnows “swim” (run) back and forth between the safety zones. The shark is supposed to try to tag the minnows.
- Any minnow who is tagged must stand still in the spot that he or she was caught in, legs spread apart, and arms stretched out to the sides.
- Other minnows may save stranded minnows by diving to swim between their legs on their way to a safety zone.
- The last minnow left is the next shark.