What You Need:
- Ice cube tray
- Chicken or beef boullion
Have you ever been outside on a hot day, playing with your dog, when you decide to get a cool treat? Your dog looks at you with those big brown eyes hoping for a treat of his own. Well, now there’s something you can make for him so you can both enjoy a treat of your own!
- Make some chicken or beef broth with boullion cubes. Boil 2 cups of water, then add the boullion powder or cube until it dissolves. (This is one cup more than the directions on the container, for a more diluted broth)
- Let the broth cool.
- If you have ready-made broth, you can use it instead of making your own, but dilute it with one cup of water for every cup of broth.
- Pour the broth into an ice cube tray.
- Place the ice cube tray into the freezer for several hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, the ice pops are ready for your pup. And, lucky for him, they’re a flavor that he loves!
It’s best to give him this treat outdoors, because it will melt.
Salty water takes longer to freeze than regular tap water, so make sure the cubes are frozen solid before taking them out of the tray. Lower salt versions of boullion may work better in this recipe.