What You Need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce chocolate, melted
- Cream butter and sugar together; then add egg yolk and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients, and add to creamed mixture, from step 1, along with milk and vanilla.
- Divide dough in half.
- Add chocolate to one part, and chill the dough in the refrigerator.
- Pat each part of dough into a thin, oblong sheet.
- Place the chocolate dough over the white dough.
- Roll tightly, and chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Slice into thin cookies.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet in the oven at 375 degrees, for 10 minutes.