What You Need:
- Several bowls (not plastic or styrofoam)
- Copper pennies
- Liquids (Lemon juice, bleach, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, salt water, sugar water, etc.)
- Put one penny in each bowl.
- Fill the bowls with different liquids, one liquid for each bowl. Use parental supervision with dangerous liquids.
- Write down your hypothesis (what you think will happen to the pennies).
- Observe what happens to the pennies over a short period of time (up to 72 hours).
The results may surprise you!
Submitted by Jessica