What You Need:
- Cardboard ( 4″ x 3″ approx.)
- 2-4 pieces of kite twine (24″ approx. each)
- Plastic grocery bag with handles
- Draw and cut out a courageous dude out of cardboard at least 4″ tall (gingerbread man design works great) Donâ€™t forget to include his safety helmet.
- Attach a string to each of Parachute Dudeâ€™s arms by knotting & do the same at the ends of the strings with each handle of the plastic grocery bag.
- If so desired, punch two holes on opposite sides of grocery bag and tie 2 additional strings to Parachute Dude to assist with greater parachute deploy.
- Drop Parachute Dude off a stairwell or sturdy tree house landing and donâ€™t forget to yell “Geronimo!”
Like this idea? Read: Fantastic Flying Fun with Science by Ed Sobey for many more inventions for kids!