What You Need:
- Pale Red:
- Fresh beets or cranberries, frozen raspberries
- Yellow onion skins
- Light yellow:
- Orange or lemon peels, carrot tops, celery seed or ground cumin
- Ground turmeric
- Pale green:
- Spinach leaves
- Yellow Delicious apple peels
- Canned blueberries or red cabbage leaves
- Beige to brown:
- Strong brewed coffee
You can use natural everyday kitchen products to create your own natural dyes! Listed above are the different ingredients you’ll need for the different colorsâ€¦Make as many colors as you’d like!
- Put eggs in a single layer in a pan, and pour water in the pan until the eggs are covered.
- Add about a teaspoon of vinegar.
- Add the natural dye according to what color you want your eggs to be (See ingredients above).
The more eggs you are dying at a time, the more dye you’ll need to use.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Use parental supervision.
- Remove the substance you used to color the eggs. Put eggs in a bowl. If you want your eggs to be a darker shade, cover them with the dye and let them stand overnight in the refrigerator.
- Store the now hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator.
- Have fun and be creative!