What You Need:
- Popsicle sticks
- Fishing line
- Collect 6-10 lightweight objects that are about the same weight as one another. We used seashells.
- Tie fishing line to each object, and leave about 6 inches of string left over.
- Start at the bottom level of your mobile, and tie one of your objects to each end of a popsicle stick.
- Tie a piece of fishing line to the middle of the popsicle stick that has the objects tied to it. Find the center of balance by holding the string up and letting the popsicle stick hang. Move the string around the center of the popsicle stick until the sti
- Connect the loose string to the middle of another popsicle stick.
- Add objects to the ends of this second stick and repeat step 4.
- Keep working your way up the mobile until you think it’s finished.
- Now, all you need to do is hang it up and watch it turn in the breeze.