What You Need:
- A spoon
- Tell the audience that this is no ordinary spoon.
- Hold your hands out with your palms facing you, and lace your fingers together, holding the spoon against your palms using your thumbs.
- Now, secretly use your middle finger to hold the spoon against your palms. No one will notice that a middle finger is missing from your laced fingers.
- Slowly remove one thumb at a time (making a “thumbs up” with both them), amazing your audience, because the spoon will appear to be floating (but it is being held by your middle finger).
- After a few seconds, quickly unlace your fingers and let the spoon fall, making it appear it has stopped “floating”.
This trick may take some practice to get your fingers in the right place. After a few tries by yourself, you will be ready to trick your friends!