What You Need:
- 2 liter empty soda bottle
- 10″ long 3/4 ” PVC pipe
- 24″ long bicycle tire inner tube
- Duct tape
- Scotch tape
Hey, kids! This is a really fun invention to make but you might need to go to the hardware store with your parents to get the supplies.
- Slide one end of the bike inner tube over the mouth of the soda bottle and tape it in place with duct tape.
- Place the other end of the inner tube over one end of the PVC pipe and tape them together with duct tape.
- Make a rocket out of a single piece of paper by rolling the paper around the PVC pipe and tape it snugly, but not too snug that it doesn’t slip off easily. Fold one end over and hold in place with masking tape.
- Slide rocket on PVC pipe and count down… stomp and launch your new rocket!
Like this idea? Read: Fantastic Flying Fun with Science by Ed Sobey for many more inventions for kids!