What You Need:
- Four matchboxes
- Rubber band
- Arrange three of the matchboxes on the table, face down.
- Place the penny in the 4th matchbox.
- Rubber band the 4th matchbox to your right arm, under your sleeve so that no one sees it.
- Tell your friends that there is a silver dollar under one of the matchboxes, and that you’ll let them have it if they guess which matchbox it is in by the end of the shuffling.
- Shake the middle matchbox with your right hand so it makes a noise (the noise of course is coming from the 4th matchbox on your arm, not the empty one on the table, but your friends don’t know this)
- Now slowly move around the 3 matchboxes, so it is easy for your friends to follow the middle one, which they think contains the silver dollar.
- When the trick is over, and one of your friends guesses which matchbox has the silver dollar in it, take the matchbox and shake it with your left hand.
- No noise will come out, since you shook it with the other arm, and the person will think they have been mistaken.
- To show them that another container was the right one, pick up another one of the containers from the table and shake it with your right hand, telling them that was the correct one.