What You Need:
- Needle and thread
- 15 inch long, thin dowel
- Cut three 9 by 12 inch pieces of felt to be used as the backing. Some stores sell felt in this size.
- Cut out three 9 by 6 inch pieces of felt to be used as the three pockets. Use whatever colors you like for your design.
- Use smaller pieces of felt to cut out designs and glue them to the pocket pieces. For a Christmas theme you can use a snowman or Christmas tree. (If you want to make this for Valentine’s Day cards, you can use hearts and flowers.) Use your imagination!
- Glue or sew each pocket to one of the larger pieces of felt. You will then have three sections, each with a pocket. Glue or sew each of these sections together.
- To hang the card holder, attach a wooden dowel to the top of it. Use your needle and thread to secure the dowel in at least three places to the top piece of felt.
- Attach a piece of yarn to the dowel and hang your card holder!
You can use this card holder for Christmas cards, Valentine’s Day cards, Birthday cards, or anything else you want!
For a simpler card holder you can use construction paper, for a more challenging card holder, use fabric and your sewing skills.