What You Need:
- A coat hanger
- Two identical plastic cups
- Masking tape
- Cut 4 lengths of string, each one yard long.
- Poke 4 holes in each cup with the nail. The holes should be evenly spaced near the rim.
- Thread each string through two of the holes.
- Tie a cup to each end of the hanger and secure it to the hanger with a piece of masking tape.
- Hang the hanger somewhere that it can hang freely. You can hang it on the bar in a closet, if there are not clothes that will touch it.
- Put objects in each cup to find out which is heavier than the other!
If the hanger tilts to the right, the object in the cup on the right is heavier than the object in the cup on the left.