What You Need:
- 2 empty metal food cans
- Old towel or rag
- Thin rope
- Paint and brush (optional)
- Pack an old towel or rag tightly into each can. Use your hammer and nail to punch holes near the top of the closed end of the cans. Make the holes opposite each other.
- Cut two pieces of rope that measure about the length of your body.
- Take one piece of rope, thread it through one of the holes (towards the inside of the can) and tie a knot. The knot will be hidden inside the can.
- Thread the loose end of the rope through the other side of the can and tie a knot. Pull the rope tight and the knots will hold the rope in place.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the other can and piece of rope.
- If you like, decorate your stilts with paint.
- Be sure to wear tennis shoes, and start stilt-walking!
The part of the can where the holes are punched may be sharp so be careful!