What You Need:
- Modeling clay
- 1 Tablespoon of baking soda
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Liquid dishwashing soap
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Set up a work area with newspaper, or have a surface that can get wet. This project can get messy!
- Model your volcano out of brown and green modeling clay. You can use red clay around the rim of the volcano to make it look like flowing red-hot lava. Scoop out a hole at the top of the volcano and stir in 1 tablespoon of baking soda, a few drops of red food coloring, and a few drops of liquid dishwashing detergent.
- When you’re ready for the volcano to erupt, pour in 1/4 cup of vinegar and stand back!