What You Need:
- Start by using a thick paintbrush to thoroughly wet a piece of paper or thin card.
- While it’s still wet, take some light blue water color and wash it over the wet paper
- Next, splash in some strong abstract blobs of color, about half way down the paper.
- Use another watery color…and then another. These blotches will eventually be exotic coral on a tropical sea bed!
- Next, add vivid blue and greens to the bottom of the picture to create the sea bed.
- While the paints are still wet, gently sprinkle on some ordinary table salt. Sprinkle it randomly, and take care not to put too much on.
- When the paint has dried, gently shake the salt off.
- You’ll see that where the salt settled, it has reacted with the paint and given it a fantastic tropical coral-like effect!
Submitted by Izzah