What You Need:
- Hard boiled eggs
- Wax crayons
- Paper towels
- Egg dyes in different colors
- Slotted spoon
- Cooking oil
- Soft cloth
- Draw a heavy crayon pattern on hard boiled egg.
- Dip the egg in the dye, preferably a dark color. Leave the egg in the dye until the desired color is reached.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place in an oven at 200 degrees F for a few minutes until wax is melted. Use parental supervision.
- Wipe with a paper towel and dip again in lighter dye to fill in the pattern where the wax was.
- Polish finished eggs with cooking oil and a soft cloth.