What You Need:
- Pastel colored construction paper (two colors)
- Glue or stapler
- Using one piece of paper, cut horizontal straight lines (slits) about one inch in from side to side across the paper, about 1/2 inch apart from each other. The paper should be covered from top to bottom with these slits.
- Next take the other color of paper and cut 1/2 inch strips.
- Weave these strips in and out of the slits in the first paper.
- When completed with all the strips, glue the ends of the strips to the first piece of paper to hold them in place.
- Next fold up the sides to make a basket shape. Staple or glue in place.
- With a contrasting color make a handle on your basket and staple or glue.
- Try putting grass in your basket to decorate it and make it look nice!