What You Need:
- Two teams of 4 or more players
- An easy to grab object
- Assign one person as the referee.
- Divide players into two teams with an equal number of players.
- Assign each player a number, with the same numbers being used on both teams. (i.e., each team has a kid #1, #2, etc.).
- The two teams line up, facing each other, about 10 feet apart, so that the two players labeled #1 are at opposite ends from each other.
- Place on the ground in the middle some easy to grab object (a hat, a shoe, a plastic container, etc.), which is known as “the loot”.
- The referee yells out a number.
- The player from each team with that number approaches the loot, and tries to snag it and run back to his or her own team. If someone succeeds in doing that without being tagged, his team gets two points.
- If the other player tags the person who grabbed the loot before he or she reaches his or her own team, then the other team gets one point.
- Continue calling out numbers, until one of the teams reaches an agreed-upon limit, and they become the winners!