What You Need:
- Bar of Soap
- Clay carving tools or paring knife
- Paint (optional)
- Paintbrush (optional)
- Find a bar of soap. Any kind will work, but a large rectangular shape may be easiest to use.
- Use clay carving tools or a paring knife and carve your soap into an animal sculpture, flower, car, or anything you want. Be careful using the knife.Â
- Once you are finished carving, you can paint your sculpture. If you don’t paint it, you can use the soap in the bathroom as decoration or to wash your hands.
- It will not paint as smoothly as a piece of paper, but if you give it time to dry, and paint a second coat if needed, it will look great!
If you save the soap shavings from the part that was cut off, they can still be used. Place the shavings in a plastic sandwich bag and add a little water. Once the shavings are softened from the water, you can squeeze them together to form a new bar of soap!