What You Need:
- Clear drinking glass or plastic cup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
- Cooking oil
- Watch an oil blob dance between two other liquids! Here’s what to do:
- Pour the water into the glass.
- Tilt the glass slightly and slowly pour in the rubbing alcohol. Don’t shake the glass, or the two liquids will mix.
- Fill the eyedropper with the cooking oil and lower the tip into the layer of rubbing alcohol, but not into the water.
- Squeeze out a couple of drops of the oil.
- The oil is lighter than the water and heavier than the rubbing alcohol, so the oil blobs float between the two liquids.