What You Need:
- Plastic Comb
- Ping pong ball
Tell your friends you have a magic, magnetic comb.
- Rip up the paper into tiny pieces.
- Run the comb through your hair a few times and move it over the small paper fragments.
- The paper jumps onto the comb.
- Comb your hair a few more times to recharge it’s “magnetic” ability.
- Place the ping pong ball on a flat surface and bring the comb close to it.
- The ball starts to move towards the comb!
Your comb itself is not really “magnetic.” By running it through your hair, your’re causing it to get “charged” up with static electricity. This creates a small amount of magnetic activity.