What You Need:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until it forms a grainy paste.
- Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and beat at a low speed just until combined — do not over mix!
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets about 1inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown — transfer to cool, flat surface immediately.