What You Need:
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Measure all liquid ingredients, and combine in a separate container.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend for 1/2 minute on low speed, scraping the sides of the bowl constantly.
- Beat an additional 3 minutes on high speed, again scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Place cupcake papers in muffin tins, and pour the batter into the cups, filling them halfway up to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Add frosting after the cupcakes have cooled.