What You Need:
- 1 Egg
- 3 Potatoes, cut into chunks
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil the potatoes until soft, (about 25 minutes) drain the water, and leave to stand until cool.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and set aside.
- When the potatoes have cooled, mash them.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add the onion and a handful of shredded cheese into the egg and potato.
- Take a large spoonful of the potato mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball until it resembles a pancake.
- Fry the potato cakes until they are light brown on each side.
- Drain excess oil by placing on paper towels to cool.